Food recipes

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My name is Cozcacuauziuatl

Pen, ink and watercolor on Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5"
Cozca * cuauh * zihuatl
Necklace * eagle * woman

According to the Codex Aubin Tonalamatl, an Aztec pictorial codex used by Mexicas priests, wizards and shamans back in the days of the Great City of Tenochtitlan, Cozcacuauziuatl is my Aztec name.
The person who read my name in the streets of San Miguel de Allende was kind to translate it as Great Woman of Necklace's Eagle. Yes, I said kind, I felt flattered, but later I found out what he didn't want to say, that my Aztec name means Vulture!  

I felt then the opposite, I felt offended. Vultures are not popular or admired as the eagles. But then, after reading about vultures, a non-killer bird, and what those ugly birds meant for the Aztecs, I kind of like them, against popular perception. In reality I did some research because I wanted to convince myself there's something good in being born as a vulture, my Aztec name. It means long life, strong, without disease, tall, bold (hairless), discreet, of great advise and authority, wise, quiet, prudent, rethoric, friendly and inclined to teaching and preach, good to give advice and rebuke the bad, inclined to gather disciples to whom to teach.

Next is what the shaman said to me. Words in green mean I agree, words in red not so much.

He said, and I quote:
"You are going to live a long life (!) You want everything well organized and perfect, if it is not exact you don't accept it. You were born in the symbol of the dog, dog is best friend of man, the most faithful, you are very loyal to your friends so you are capable of give up your life for your friends (sorry friends not true). You could dedicate yourself to do research or teaching, you could be an excellent guide, or pedagogue or a good teacher, you were born to guide others. As a necklace's eagle (vulture) you are going to travel to many places you haven't even remotely thought. You like travelling, adventure, thrill and danger. Having been born as a necklace's eagle you like vintage and old. For you everything is useful, nothing goes to waste (kind of true, here links of recycle projects in this blog teddy bear and sketchbook). A recycling business can give you  lot of money, you could dedicate yourself to ecology and environmentalism. As necklace's eagle you can see details not others see because you have a panoramic view of things, the necklace's eagle sees from above, common animals have an horizontal view. You are a good philosopher, good psychologist, very good therapist, you can heal someone just by giving a massage (!). Because you were born under dog, you first smell food, you don't judge by flavor, you have a good sense of smell, you are very intuitive, you presage things before things happen. You are happy in museums, where there are antiques"

This shaman made an impression on me, this post is proof of it. Whether or not it's true, it was fun for an evening in San Miguel de Allende.

No comments:

Post a Comment