Food recipes

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

An old pal, San Miguel de Allende

Pen, ink and watercolor on Arches cold press paper 8" x 16"

Of the many churches in San Miguel de Allende, there's one, the Temple of Purisma Concepcion, which has a metal plate on its wall that shows how old it is, over 500 years. In the temple’s front yard there's a couple of trees that you cannot avoid to see. The size of these trees is majestic. I think they can be as old as the temple is. These trees developed their beauty over cen.tu.ries. I came back to sketch one of them. It provided the shade that I was so hoping for. The path my eyes ran through the trunk and every single one of the branches made me admire consciously the beauty of this old pal. The grey purple of the tree and the shady yellow of the wall complement each other beautifully. Not all the times you use your artistic license, sometimes the right colors are there, just in front of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment