Food recipes

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Flamenco in San Miguel de Allende

 Koh-i-nor magic pencil on Leuchttrum1917 sketchbook
Entertainment in San Miguel de Allende is easy to find. The theater Angela Peralta is always offering shows. We went to a Flamenco Show. Seven was the number persons in this dance company, 3 musicians and 4 dancers, being Patricia Linares the leader. I was happy I brought with me a sketchbook since photos are not allowed. I attended a Tango show a couple of weeks ago and regretted not  having a registration on paper, but I’m sure I won’t forget since I went with family who came from the USA. Magic pencil was my choice because lines and color are done at once, especially when I’m sketching people who moves constantly. The different rhythms or palos were dance with different accessories, the clackers or castanuelas, the shawl or mantoncillo and of course the feet and hands. “Art is written with L as in Linares”, the singer said, it made me laughed but it was true.



No comments:

Post a Comment