Food recipes

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Instituto Allende

Pen&ink and watercolor on A5 Hahnemuhle watercolor book
Another day with the Urban Sketchers of San Miguel de Allende group. This time  we met at Instituto Allende. The coffee shop in the corner provided a warm coffee, a piece of carrot cake and a table. This is the first time I’ve been here, Instituto Allende is a school of visual arts popular among the expatriate community from the USA and Canada. The main court yard has a beautiful fountain, it had a lot a fresh flowers in two tiers but the view was blocked by other sketchers, the view above is the view from my table, the one with perspective that was available....and there you have it. The day was overcast and cold (despite the grey sky I painted it blue, ha!), the watercolor washes took a lot of time to dry, but there was plenty of people to chat with while the washes dried. I’m starting to recognize more familiar faces and learning their names, since this is the 3rd time I met with this group this year. I’ll keep coming, it’s a lot of fun.
Photo by Laurie Richards 

No comments:

Post a Comment