Food recipes

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Parroquia de San Antonio de Padua.

Pen&Ink, watercolor and color pencil on HP Lanaquarelle 10” x 7”
There’s a beautiful jardin in front of the Parroquia de San Antonio de Padua here in San Miguel de Allende. This was the Tuesday’s meet up location with the urban sketchers. As I promised myself to not to sketch so many churches, I looked for a promising view. I spotted five construction workers sat on a bench near a convenient store, they were probably having a break to eat something. It was until I started to sketch them that I noticed there was this huge tree right in front of me that I almost overlooked, so I change the focal point to the tree. Since the day was partly cloudy, the shadows went away and came back constantly, teasing us, so I gave priority to the tree and the shadows, I painted them first, it was imperative. The back dome of the church was included in this sketch, not only because it was in my view, but to remember the location. This is a sketch done in a gorgeous location with lots of sketchers today, 40 people perhaps. A trendy neighborhood called San Antonio, so beautiful, no wonder it is so popular!
Photo by Judy Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment