Food recipes

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Exercise. Lamp Black watercolor paint

The use of black watercolor paint wasn’t in my horizon until I read the book of Santi Salles Verde al Natural. I really liked the mix of W&N Lamp black and W&N Prussian Blue he mentioned in his book and how he uses it for shade.
Then out of curiosity and to try out something new, I did an exercise mixing other common colors with Lamp black, an opaque paint with bluish tint. It resulted into interesting muted neutral colors, which quite frankly I didn’t think it was possible coming from mixing with black.
I liked the mixtures of black with blues and violet better. Mixing paint with black opened  the door to explore  other possibilities.

The color used above are named from top to bottom and  from left to right:

WN Prussian Blue, WN F Ultramarine, DS, Phthalo Blue, DS Carbazole Violet, Winsor Green, WN Burnt Sienna, WN Yellow Ochre, Winsor Yellow, WN Alizarin Crimson, Winsor Red, WN Sap Green, Winsor Orange, WN Quinacridone Gold, DS Quinacridone Rose, DS Cerulean  Blue, WN Cobalt Turquoise Light, DS New Gamboge.

Have you ever used black, did you liked it? I’d like to know about your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment