Food recipes

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The house next to Casa de la Cultura.

Pen&ink and watercolor on HP Arches 7” x 10”
Next to the Casa de La Cultura here in San Miguel de Allende there’s a house that is almost hidden, I mean the view downwards from the location I was is amazing but quite complex, however looking up, this house had quirky angles and those stairs up turned on my imagination to what they could lead you up to, what’s behind those doors, so I choose it. The sun was behind the house hence it was shaded but there were some spots where the sun hit directly and made them shine. I took the challenge. 

The urban sketchers of San Miguel de Allende met up at this location, the resulting sketches were so varied, I love seeing what everybody finds interesting to sketch and their styles. It’s always fun to meet with them.
Photo by Meagan Burns


Just a note to myself, Arches HP paper curls a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment