Food recipes

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Mercado Ignacio Ramirez.

Pen&ink and watercolor on HP Legion Stonehenge WC paper 10”x7”
The Mercado Ignacio Ramirez is a fresh produce market, well it is more than that. Some days ago we went there and did some shopping of the most varied. In our way there I took photo that included three interesting elements for my sketch, the dome of the church, the clock tower and the stone column. It seems that this composition is symmetrical given that the tower is in the center, but if you pay attention the whole composition is triangular, starting with the shortest building on the left, the mid height tower at the center and the tallest yellow building on the right. This adds stress to the sketch and makes it interesting. The hanging street cables emphasize this composition.
I’m running out of red and yellow watercolor paint in my studio palette, due to the repetitive colors in the city but, I still have paint in my portable palettes, hopefully I’ll have enough to make it through the last day we stay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment