Food recipes

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Verde al Natural

Graphite pencil, color pencil, magic pencil koh-i-nor and watercolor on A5 Leuchtturm1917
My eternal struggle with sketching nature made me got the book Verde al Natural by Santi Salles. His sketches are so beautiful. The book invites you to explore his technique and find yours, and that’s what I did. I was in awe of the sketch above. I normally don’t put a lot of time to the greens in my sketches, but if you want something so expressive and loose you really have to put an effort into it. 
I didn’t bring my color pencils with me, so I went to the art store here in SMA and found 3 green color pencils I thought I could use. This are my careless first doodles.

But then I put my mind into it and the sketch at the top came out, it surprised me that I am actually capable to do nice trees with the materials I had. It’s a great book, I read it in one evening, very inspirational, if you know Spanish, read it, you’ll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment