Food recipes

Friday, January 31, 2020

Four corners and 3 crosses.

Pen&ink and watercolor on HP watercolor paper 20” x 7 “
I chose this view because I wanted to draw the cross above that corner. Many houses here in San Miguel de Allende have some sort of religious sculptures on top of the entrance or in the corners. Three of four corners at this cross street have crosses.  It’s located on Dr. Ignacio Hernandez Macías St., Pila Seca St. and Cuadrante St. 

It was a challenge to include the four corners. Most of the streets of San Miguel de Allende are narrow, one car wide, so I took some minutes to think what I was going to do about the composition. This can be the hardest part of the sketching process, figuring out what to do and how to do it, does it happen to you? Once I fit the big shapes in the sketchbook with pencil, I knew it would be easier. The sidewalks are also narrow, for one person most of times. I had no choice but to sit and block the way, fortunately I didn’t hear any complaints, quite the opposite, I just heard compliments. This was the second sketch I did last Monday, I wasn’t vey hopeful about the result, I know once I’m tired my sketches don’t come out right, but I didn’t give up. I’m glad I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment