Food recipes

Friday, January 10, 2020

People of San Miguel de Allende


All sketches were made with pen&ink and watercolor on A5 Hahnemuhle Watercolor Book
We had some errands to do today, I just brought with me a pen and a sketchbook, perfect to sketch something fast, I didn’t know what would it be but it turned out to be people, people, and more people. The first stop was the barbershop. Two years ago we met Miguel, the barber and owner. His wife had this hair salon 2 years ago, she cut my hair then, and when we asked her if she knew a barber, she sent us to her husband’s old location.  Now they serve at the same place. We were pleased he remembered my husband and I.  

777 Barbershop Boutique is very busy, we had to wait for two turns, it is better to make an appointment but Miguel took us in if we were willing to wait 45 minutes, so we stayed and waited, my hubby was very happy with the shave, worth the wait. Miguel used steam instead of the traditional hot towel. My husband liked it a lot. It caught my attention that he had his bledo cleaner and regular brush, in each on his back pockets.



Here preparing the soap for the shaving.
Here it is his info and address, published with his permission. They are located on Calle San Francisco # 51.


Later we sat in the main Jardin. There, workers from the municipality were removing all the Holiday’s ornaments. On this sketch, they are removing the Christmas lights from the park. While I was there, I spotted other people doing whatever, my favorite drawing from this park is the people seated in the two rows of benches Right in front of the Parish. All of them relaxed and enjoying themselves. Today was a productive day, errands and sketches accomplished.




No comments:

Post a Comment