Food recipes

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The office of the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel

Pen&ink and watercolor on HP Lanaquarelle paper 10” x 7”
Today I met with the USk of San Miguel de Allende at the front patio of the Parish. Many of us have sketched the church, so it was suggested to look out away from the parish. I went to the office of the parish next door. There’s a beautiful entrance, closed to the public but I could sketch from the hallway. I did the line work within the 90 minutes they gave us before the photo group. I finished it later today. I struggled with the yellow. I thought I could match it with DS New Gamboge, but it looked pale, I swear. Then I added another wash with WN Winsor Orange, there, it’s a match, and I didn’t mean to match the color, it was more important to match the impact the color of this space has on you when you walk in and say wow! I hope you said the same when you saw this drawing!
Photo by Laurie Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment