Food recipes

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Orange and blue.

Pen&ink and watercolor on HP watercolor paper 10” x 7”
This little corner has three features, it has a fountain (by the way, all the working fountains I’ve checked have clean water, isn’t neat?), it has a cafe, Zenteno Cafe, and it is located in the corner of three streets, Calle del Codo, Calle Tenerias and Calle Dr. Ignacio Hernandez Macías. I really liked the spots of blue to contrast the earthy warm colors of the buildings, I repeated the cool color of the sky in the shirts of people, the sign, the motorcycle and their mirrors, it creates balance in the overall sketch. Also the two motorcycles and two men at both ends of the sketch create balance. Next I have to visit that cafe which has very good reviews! 

By the way, I thought I would share with you how my little studio is set up here in San Miguel de Allende. Always keep your coffee cup away from your working space. I have endless times rinsed the brushes in my coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment