Food recipes

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The whistle of the knife sharpener.


Pencil and watercolor on Pentalic watercolor journal 7" x 10"
Many years ago, during my childhood, before knife sharpeners were available as a kitchen tool, you would hope to listen to that whistle. A couple of dull knifes from this place needed some attention, the price? I asked him, 15 MXN each (about 0.75 USD each), so I handed the knifes to this man through the window. There, while this man was working on the precious tools, I took a photo from up the window looking down to the street.  The portable sharpener consist of a monocycle with pedals attached to a chain that rotates the sharpening stone. All the transaction was made through the window. I really liked how Hello Kitty was in his key chain. This memory had to make it to my sketchbook. While he was walking away, I recorded the sound of his whistle. Did you miss it at the beginning of this post? Here it is again
Click here for the next post about Chiapas.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great information about knife sharpener. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete