Food recipes

Friday, January 4, 2019

Hello San Cristobal de las Casas!



Pen&Ink and Watercolor on Arches CP 7" x 10"
The night ride from the airport to the town of San Cristobal de las Casas was spectacular, not the road, but above. The thousands of stars in the sky were stunningly breathtaking. A shiny night I haven't seen since my whale watching excursion in the desert of Baja California a decade ago. We are in San Cristobal de las Casas in the state of Chiapas, the poorest state in Mexico, but not culturally. It's been a delight to my eyes since we arrived two days ago. I stopped at Plazuela del Cerrillo to do my first sketch today. The  side of the Iglesia Santo Domingo is in the center of the sketch. The beautiful mountains full of trees surround the town. The air is crisp and clean and the smell is fresh. 
Fineliner and watercolor on Handbook Watercolor Journal 8" x 8"
Roofs with red tiles is the norm in town. This is the view looking out the window of our rental. A quite place where to sketch for the second time today. I have spotted multiple views already and took photos to remind myself what to sketch later. I look forward to show you this beautiful town in the Southern most corner of Mexico. 
Link here for the next post about Chiapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment