Food recipes

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Cathedral, just pen and paper.

Fineliner and watercolor on Pentalic watercolor journal 7" x 10"

The South side of the Cathedral in San Cristobal de las Casas happened to be my view  from one of the benches in the little zocalo next to the Cathedral. This building also was  damaged during the earthquake and this fence surrounds it for safety 🚧. On this chilly morning 🌅 I was prepared with the proper cloth and I was warm and very comfortable, so much that I patiently added the lines of the two fences, took my time putting more people in the sketch than I normally do and even some birds (I think they were doves ) made it to my sketch. 


This confirms my theory, the more comfortable I am while sketching, the best the sketch comes out, well at least to my eyes 😎. I enjoy drawing  line work on location, direct view is essential to catch on details,  and then I do watercolor back at home. I confess I simply don't always have the patience to wait for the paint to dry or juggling with more sketching tools. There are so many different ways to sketch on location. Pen and paper is a simple one, the one I enjoy doing the most.
Click here for the next post about Chiapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment