Food recipes

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The Coffee of Chiapas.

Pen&ink and watercolor on Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5"
I love coffee but that doesn't make me an expert. Chiapas is an internationally renown producer of high quality organic coffee, it's exported world wide. There's also a blend of coffee for national consumption which quality is ok. I learned that if you want to have an exceptionally good coffee, I have to make sure that the menu shows the coffee is organic in the menu description.  Another way to make sure you are drinking good coffee is to buy the beans of coffee and make it yourself.  That is the best bet. We have gone to a fair amount of cafes and we've disappointed sometimes. One of those places is the sketch above. We saw a good crowd, we thought coffee and food was good but it wasn't, it has however an attractive outdoors space with tables and I sketched it.  Fortunately, it is easy to find the international quality in the form of bean and it is absolutely delicious. The sketch below, shows the place where we buy it. I sketched the "Expendio de Cafe Molido" from the steps of the barbershop across the street, while my husband got his shave done.
Pen&ink and watercolor on Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5"
Click here for the next post about Chiapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment