Food recipes

Monday, February 11, 2019

Flowers in a hand painted vase.

Fineliner sepia, Finetec watercolor y gouache on Pentalic watercolor journal 7" x 10"
It was hard to stop the impulse to buy flowers from an indigenous woman carrying an amount of flowers that took both her arms to hold. The sweat in her face and the wide open eyes looking to make eye contact with potential buyers among people in the chaotic morning of the municipal market, was enough to approach her and buy some. The search all over our place to find a proper vase was unsuccessful at the beginning. My first try was a wide mouth pot made of clay which I suspected could leak water because of its porosity, so I placed a plate under it to hold the leaked water just in case. The fresh smell of  wet clay perfumed the whole place (yes that odor is perfume to me), I like it even better than flowers, I'm honest, I was in heaven. The next morning though, my suspicion was confirmed. So I changed the clay pot for this big hand painted vase, well it's big for the flowers I got, but at least it had a glass layer than prevented the water from leaking. I always say than nothing can beat the beauty of nature but in this case, this colorful vase, which took me more time to draw than the actual flowers, may make me think otherwise.
Click here for the next post about Chiapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment