Food recipes

Friday, February 22, 2019

Old doors of El Cerrillo neighborhood.


Fineliner and watercolor on Handbook watercolor Journal 8" x 8"
El Cerrillo neighborhood is one of the oldest if not the oldest in San Cristobal de las Casas. I always wonder what is behind all of those old doors. I like to image there is a big patio or garden surrounded by old stuff. For some reason this comes to my mind and even more strange, this thought gives me joy.
Fineliner and watercolor on Handbook watercolor Journal 8" x 8"
This door is certainly not a window, since the window is next to the door and they look completely different. Some doors in Mexico have a permanent step over to prevent the rain from coming inside, although I think this owner went way to far high.
Click here for the next post about Chiapas.

No comments:

Post a Comment