Food recipes

Monday, February 25, 2019

Around the main plaza.

Pen&Ink and watercolor on Moleskine Watercolor Journal 3.5" x 5.5"
With few days left in San Cristobal de las Casas, my husband and I want to enjoy this Pueblo Magico as relaxed as possible before hitting the chaos of having to take two airplanes back to San Luis Potosi city.  The weather is still fresh, not cold, not hot and is perfect to sit down in the main square 31 de Marzo. Hours passed watching lots of people from all sort of cities walking by, but I thought I would not only post the sketch of the kiosk I did this afternoon after breakfast but pictures of the women from Chiapas who walked by. I kind of feel good for being able to know what community they belong to! Their cloth is very distinctive and easily identifiable once your eye is trained, then you see the difference. I wish I have more photos of women's cloth of many more communities, villages and hamlets I've seen like Magdalena, San Andres, Carranza, Chenalho, Tenejapa, Pantelho, Chenalho, Tenango, Bochil, Bachajon, Chilon, Amatenango and Chiapa de Corzo. These pics were taking just in the main plaza in one afternoon!
Lacandon area

Aguacatenango

Zinacantan

Chalchihuitan


Cancuc

Chamula

Chamula

Chamula
Oxchuc

Click here for the last part of Chiapas adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment