Food recipes

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Meow, meow, meow

Pencil, white gel pen, Finetec watercolor on Winsor&Newton CP 6" x 8"
Three cats were our companion during our stay in San Cristobal de las Casas. Although I'm a dog person, having them to come to meow to our back door made me think of them as cute creatures, not a thought I had before. At the beginning they came frequently at dusk and dawn, specially in cold days, sometimes the three of them came, sometimes only two, sometimes just one. It seemed that past guests have let them into the house so they got use to it. Not me. It's not that I am cruel person, but I'am allergic to cats. Overtime  they visited us less often. It seemed like they understood they were not welcome inside the  house. I felt remorse at the beginning but then one day I saw them in other’s house roof, at that moment I thought these animals manage to take care of themselves very well. One morning we were sat on a bench in the garden and one of them came by, made a whole in the dirt with the paw, pooed (I got to say it was a small one, you see, I'm used to see the dogs') and it covered it with the same paw. I wish dogs would do the same. Ha! So cats scored in my view. I still have my reservations but I started to like them. A cat in San Cristobal de las Casas would do that to me. I had to remember it, so I sketched at least one of them in my sketchbook before leaving this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment