Food recipes

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Cathedral in Morelia.

-You don't know the measurements! Everybody wants to paint it but you don't know how. -That's right- I replied. When someone is not happy about one sketching something it belongs to their city, there's nothing else left but to remain humble, and for a good reason! The Cathedral of Morelia is one of the most beautiful churches in Mexico I have seen, also the interior. Its two imposing towers are very intimidating, I wanted to sketch the front of the church, but then I would be missing it's white and blue tile domes that can be seen perfectly on the West side. Yes, I don't know the measurements, but I couldn't explain to a person with the protective attitude that this was an sketch, that it doesn't need to be perfect but credible. It was a good thing this man wasn't the sole owner, then I would have to ask his permission to do so. As for the rest of by passers, they expressed happiness, kudos and pride for someone daring to sketch one of their beloved landmarks. That's the people of Morelia I know. 

4 comments:

  1. The sketch is amazing. I really love the people in the sketch, too! You make me want to be there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at what you did, Adriana — and with no measurements, hehe! Beautiful, soulful cathedral. Let those obsessed with reality keep their science, and indulge in what is fun: art!

    ReplyDelete