Food recipes

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Jardin de la Columna, Morelia


Today I used for the first time my 8 x 16 in hand made sketchbook with Arches paper. This small but beautiful square stars a huge tree which branches reach across the street.  I chose to sit on the floor using a big planter to support my back. There was some stains on the floor which chances of being urine (from humans or dogs, oh Lord...) were high, so I thought suck it up and do the sketch, fortunately I brought with me a small cushion protected with a plastic bag. Oh well.... you don't need to know my peccata minutiae. 

The hidden parish behind the tree, could be the focal point, but this city has plenty of religious buidlings. I forgot to fill my fountain pens with ink so I used pencil. I was determine to finish coloring the sketch on location against my lack of patience but I finished it. I would say that at least 6 persons stopped by to ask questions or to tell me how much they wish they could do this. One of them told me: some day, some day. As for me, I got to go to make supper.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your blog !! I’ll send your videos shortly

    ReplyDelete