Food recipes

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Old downtown San Luis Potosí, México. Part 5. San Agustin Square.

Pen&Ink on HP Arches WC paper 10” x 7”
No more churches. Jardin San Agustín, just one block from Plaza del Carmen, has a temple of the same name, but I didn’t want to sketch it. Instead I wanted to sketch the doors of the gated garden and the amazing iron work. Across the street, framed by the gate, there’s a building in a corner, it is an example of colonial residences of the wealthy past inhabitants in downtown San Luis Potosí. It is located in the corner of Universidad Ave. and Mariano Escobedo St. I made the sketch on location sat on one of the benches of the temple atrium. I brought with me only my sketchbook, a pencil and a fountain pen with ink sepia. It was until I started to do the iron work that it occurred to me to draw it with black ink, and I didn’t have any with me of course. So I improvised and used my pencil, which I retraced later with black ink. I did so much wanted detail, the HP watercolor paper is the perfect match for this work. I liked it as it is, no watercolor needed, the contrast between sepia and black is lovely! San Luis Potosí historical center is beautiful. The years it took to redo the remodeling of the streets was so worth it. For instance, the sidewalks are wider and very even, it’s so convenient when walking to admire the surroundings without  having any concern about watching your step, it is rare luxury in Mexico, so if you visit the city, enjoy it.
I’m posting also a map of Historical Center in downtown San Luis Potosí of the places I sketched while I stayed there.
This is my last sketch of the year 2019. I wish you have a very productive 2020 full of love, health and laugh. Keep it colorful.
Much love. 
Adriana Sketcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment