Food recipes

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Barrio de San Miguelito in the city of San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Pen&Ink and watercolor on  Stonehenge Aqua HP 7" x 10"
I'm spending the Holidays in the city of San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Back to the founding years, the city was organized in seven neighborhoods called Barrios, still exist today. I have lived here in the city for many years but I only know two neighborhoods. I visited the Barrio de San Miguelito yesterday for the first time. It has a beautiful square with garden and benches, a kiosk and the Iglesia de San Miguel Arcangel, which was closed but still sketched the exterior. It rained last morning (in fact is raining now), the day was grey and cold but I still sketched the church in ink only.  Later, even though I added watercolor indoors, the humidity and cold weather in the city shows in the hot press paper. 

After some minutes we went to the restaurant next to the church across the street and had a cafe de olla (pot coffee) and a very welcoming hot bowl of pozole to warm us up. Mmmh mmmh.

Here's a photo of an informative board of this neighborhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment