Food recipes

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Old downtown San Luis Potosí city, México. Part 2. San Francisco Square.

Pen&Ink and watercolor on HP Lanaquarelle 7” x 10”
San Francisco Square is another garden in downtown San Luis Potosí. The area was alive with so much people, musicians, photographers, doves  and truly yours, a sketcher. The fountain wasn’t working most of the time while I sketch there, when I almost finish the water started to run, then I added some white gouache paint directly from the tube to emulate water. The vendors lined along the pedestrian street  called Callejon del Santo Entierro (according to the plate mounted on the wall). Once packed, I took my sketchbook out again to add a bird which stopped on top of the fountain to drink water, also other birds flying around. A good michelada follow the sketch, from where I spotted the name of the street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment