Food recipes

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Old downtown San Luis Potosí city, México. Part 4. Templo del Carmen.

Pen&ink and watercolor on HP Arches 10” x 7”
This scene is so complex for me, but worth doing it. It’s another view of Plaza del Carmen. The temple of the same name, with one tower, it’s receded in the back so the fountain becomes the focus on this composition. The huge tree is competing for attention but this was unintentional, ha! What I liked about the tree is how all the weight of the enormous branches falls in that short but thick trunk. I liked that it looks balanced. This sketch was done in 90 minutes or so, just ink. I added watercolor later. Between family gatherings I was determined to schedule time to sketch while I’m staying in downtown. I’m falling in love with San Luis Potosí Centro Historico. I’ll sure miss the bells’ sounds from the Cathedral played every hour, Christmas melodies, Classical pieces and even the Mexican National Anthem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment