Food recipes

Monday, March 25, 2019

Armadillo de los Infante town.

Pen&Ink and watercolor on Pentalic Aqua Journal 7" x 10"
Every little town I visit has its unique features. Armadillo de los Infante is close to the city of San Luis Potosi, just 65 km away. It was founded in 1600. As most colonial towns, it has a Catholic church, but this time I didn't want to sketch it, I have this tendency because it is the main building in many small towns. At the other end of the street in the main block, I found this view of the city park, Plaza del Santuario. Still the tower and dome of the Templo the la Purisima Concepcion made it to the sketch. The color I chose for the sky is a turquoise blue, it feels like a tropical town, is it only me? It's amazing how a color can change the feel of a place! The base of the tree's trunks of this town are painted not only in the traditional white, here they added two strips in red and green, the colors of the Mexican flag, something I haven't seen before. This is a very small town, quite charming and very quiet. A place lost in time. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment