Food recipes

Friday, March 22, 2019

Simple vs detailed work line

Blue fine liner on Moleskine watercolor journal 3.5" x 5.5"
Last minute I sketched my husband having his shave at the barber shop. The barber was finishing so I had to hurry. I chose to recycle a false start page in my sketchbook. I don't like things going to waste. That big oval mark was done previously in black ink, so I used blue ink. Minimal lines got the essential action, I think. That is not the case with the next sketch, the Shrine Basilica of our Lady of Guadalupe. I have never been here before, it's so beautiful inside and although I drew more elaborated lines in this sketch, still many details were left out. I guess that when you have to choose what to draw and what to leave out, you have to remind yourself that what you are doing is a sketch and question if what you have done so far is enough information for the viewer to get the idea of the place. Although I prefer adding details to my sketches, I think this sketch is good enough to show the interior of the Shrine. The simple or the more detailed of my sketches depend on the circumstances I'm in, whatever the outcome I'm OK with it.

Sepia fine liner on Moleskine watercolor journal 3.5" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment