Food recipes

Monday, March 11, 2019

San Francisco Square with USk San Luis Potosi


Last Saturday I met with the Urban Sketchers of San Luis Potosi. Yeah! There is one in SLP! I met with Nadia Samarino, the founder of the group and students of different schools of the State University . We met at the library Ricardo B. Anaya in downtown, the starting point of our walking tour lead by the Director of the library Jose Antonio Motilla also a historian. We visited several locations around San Francisco Square. I did only two sketches this morning but I had also a great time listening to the very interesting information. Here Jose Antonio is explaining some facts about the area in San Francisco Square, one of the most beautiful ones in the city ornamented by the jacaranda tress in bloom.
Fineliner and watercolor on Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5"
Then we visited the Aranzazu Square, which was part of the Franciscan monastery located in the same block. I didn't do a sketch here but I have done one before back in 2012. 
Pen&Ink and watercolor on Handbook 5"x 8"

Next we entered the Museo Regional Potosino, which entrance is in the right end of the arches in the sketch above. Inside there is the Aranzazu chapel, a must see in the city. Here it is the entry way to the chapel which is in the opposite side of this view.
Fineliners and watercolor on Handbook watercolor journal 8" x 8"
I enjoyed my time with the group, I hope I can repeat the experience and get to know more sketchers. 
Photo by Nadia Samarina.

No comments:

Post a Comment