Food recipes

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Cerro de San Pedro

Graphite, watercolor and color pencil on Arches CP 7" x 10"
While I recover from a cold, I made this piece in my improvised studio, the living room of  my brother's. Cerro de San Pedro is a little mining town outside San Luis Potosi city. The population is very low, locals call it a ghost town. If you want to use your phone, there's no signal unless you pay a fee for private wi-fi. In recent years, people has spread the word about this town becoming alive and people come to visit and spend the day in the little main square and eat or drink at the few restaurants around it. Since there's no signal we opted for sitting down and have a nice conversation, drink soda, listening to the music, watching the trees moving with the wind and seeing other people enjoying themselves. This sketch above is one of the small streets that leads to the square. The action was behind me but I really liked the solitude and look of abandonment of this view.

No comments:

Post a Comment