Food recipes

Monday, February 28, 2022

The City Market in Charleston, South Carolina.

Pitt oil base pencils on CP watercolor Laloran sketchbook 5 in x 5 in.

 The free DASH bus took me to the City Market, what a convenient way to move in Charleston Historic Downtown. The four long buildings of the market in the three blocks weren’t crowded, it was cold on Monday, so to me it was paradise. Outside, the façade of main entrance on Meeting street could be deceiving, it looks like it has two floors but it’s only the ground floor where vendors offer their merchandise. 

Across the street from the main entrance its a Chase bank which stairs became my spot to sketch this market. I really thought about adding or not color to the sketch. In the end I didn’t, as you can see here. Perhaps I could later, as of now I like it as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment