Food recipes

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Balis Park in San Marco

Pitt oil pencil and watercolor on A5 Handbook Travelogue Sketchbook 

I met again with Xana in Balis Park in San Marco today, another charming neighborhood of Jacksonville, Florida. The park is small but very beautiful, it has enough trees to provide shelter from the sun. The triangular park is surrounded by small shops and restaurants. There are lots of views to sketch here. This time I used my Pitt oil pencil, I didn’t want to get lost in details, so finished the line work quite fast and added watercolor on location.

I wanted to include the fountain but I miscalculated the proportion of the gazebo, in terms of composition it’s a failure, but I went ahead anyway. I had some space blank on the right side of my sketch and decided to include an aerial vista of the gazebo and the fountain, even the location of Xana and me and our sketchbooks. I had a plenty source of water to refill my brush rinse cup from the fountain! The wind blew water into our sketchbooks sometimes, I bothered me at the beginning but then I let the water play with my water washes. You can see those marks in the top right corner on the sketch. Beautiful place for a beautiful sunny day in great company.


No comments:

Post a Comment