Food recipes

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Jacksonville Arboretum and Botanical Gardens

Color pencil and watercolor on A5 Handbook Travelogue Sketchbook

The Arboretum was a nice place to visit. It was a weekday and it wasn’t crowded but by the time we left, there was no parking spot available. That day was one the warmest days since our stay and I guess people did exactly what we did, go out and enjoy the warm day. There are some benches very close to the edge of the lake, we stared at the fish and water lilies and turtles and floating leaves for a while, it was very relaxing. There are signs everywhere to warn people about alligators but we saw none. I did a painting of the lake back in our place, I spotted several turtles and other little animals in the clear water, I wasn’t sure how to show the floating  leaves in the water. The water was very still and the only way I could possibly find to show this was to draw water ripples. I think it turned out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment