Food recipes

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Long sweet peppers on notebooks



These long peppers are very sweet. These are my first sketches of 2021. I roasted the peppers at 400°F for 20 minutes, peeled and cut in stripes, then seasoned them with a homemade vinaigrette and oregano. But before that I did that, I sketched them to decorate some notebooks. I used gouache, ink and color pencils to paint simultaneously the first page of a new notebook and the page of another notebook I’m currently using. The differences were obviously  noticeable while I painted both pages due to the different quality of papers. I painted first the big shapes in gouache, then I lined the shapes with a Salior Fude fountain pen. Although the image I sketched was the same, the sketching experience was different, it was a fun exercise.



                 


No comments:

Post a Comment