Food recipes

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Corn bread in a cast iron frying pan.

Gouache, pencil and color pencil on A5 Leuchtturm1917


For many years, I’ve known how toxic PTEF (polytetrafluoroethylene) nonstick  coating of pans can become,  I thought I would be tied to buy nonstick pans as long as I had desire to cook sunny side up eggs (as I like), I thought I have always have to have the special pan just for eggs and replace them before they coating deteriorated. Little I knew there was an old solution that would work for long term. I recently acquired the almighty cast iron frying pan with the promise of not buying ever, ever again a special pan for eggs. Of course I made my research and learn cast iron cookware can last for generations. I learned what seasoning is, and how important it is to keep cast iron cookware seasoned for top performance. I have cooked eggs, meat and baked cornbread several times and I haven’t had any sticky issues whatsoever. I’m very optimistic about this, I think is a good investment which will last for a long time. 

I made a sketch of the last corn bread with cheese and jalapeño peppers I baked. I used gouache, pencil and color pencil. Does it look good? The recipe is shared in my other blog, click this link to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment