Food recipes

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Jardín San Juan de Dios in Goauche.

Jardín San Juan de Dios, San Luis Potosí city, México.
Gouache and color pencil on CP watercolor paper 10 in x 10 in

I sketched the city of San Luis Potosí in Mexico from a virtual image. I used gouache, which medium is still challenging for me to use. I showed my husband this sketch and he really liked it but said that it doesn’t pop up. I think what he means is that there’s no contrast. And I agree. Can it be corrected? Yes but strangely I like it as it is. For this sketch it was more important the process than the final result. During the process I thought of nostalgia and how much I miss my family and people, and it reflects in this sketch, in my opinion. When will it be normal again? When will we be able to walk freely and carelessly in the streets among the crowds? Oh what we took for granted. Let’s be appreciative of what we still have, whatever makes us happy. Let’s hang on to it, we need it more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment