Food recipes

Friday, August 2, 2019

Pure brain laziness.

Pencil and Watercolor on Arches CP 10" x 11"
The paint above was made with a leaf from a neighbor's tree. I used the leaf to trace the shape all over the paper, then I watercolor it using the negative painting technique. The same was used in the painting below. Have you ever felt your brain is drained or exhausted to use? That your hand is demanding some action yet your brain is on strike? These pieces were made without any strategy, it was like doodling really. Should I blame it to the heat of July? Ha! The one above  came out as a wall paper from the 70's,  and for the one below, I draw what I thought would look like flowers but ended up looking like pink popcorn, that's why I added the yellow/orange center.... I'm not sure it made any difference. What a pair. An advice to myself: plan properly. Anyway, I had fun and it was entertaining doing it. 
Pencil and Watercolor on Arches CP 10" x 11"

No comments:

Post a Comment