Food recipes

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lockport St. in Plainfield

Pen & Ink and watercolor on Laloran Sketchbook 5.5" x 5.5"
After lunch, a beautiful shade tree eased my time in a hot but comfortable day. I keep this small sketchbook in my everyday purse but it wasn't easy to do this sketch today. Although I sat on a bench, I raised both my arms to figure out the scale and proportions of this scene and with both hands in the air the ink lines came out crooked, but that's all right, I like it. I think I'm out of practice on location. Ha! Listening to the music coming out of the speakers in the lamp posts echoing along Lockport St in historic downtown Plainfield was also nice. I'm enjoying the sun, the shade, the music and my handy portable sketching tools in late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment