Food recipes

Monday, November 19, 2018

Eggs

Fineliner ink pen and watercolor on A5 Hahnemuhle Watercolor Book

This morning my brother and I had a conversation about the shelf life of eggs. He asked me what's the shelf life of eggs at room temperature. None of us knew. People who buy eggs in the supermarkets, like me, probably never noticed that eggs are always in the refrigerator, I assume it is considered standard here, but then he reminded me that in the supermarkets in Mexico you can actually find piles of eggs non refrigerated. It was true, I forgot! The thing is that if you goggle the shelf life of eggs, you'll find that the recommendation is, to store eggs at room temperature for a single digit number of days, and over a month if stored refrigerated. I probably ate non refrigerated eggs during my life in Mexico and never had any illness due to bad eggs! Lucky me. Anyway, this is the kind conversations we have sometimes in our family.

As simple as an egg shape is, so the approach to sketch it could be, however, it was very hard to resist the temptation to add more than two strokes of color! 

There, my eggs a la watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment