Food recipes

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Slow is good.

Pen&Ink and Color pencils on sketch paper 8" x 11"
This is a sketch I did 2 years ago in ink but I colored it today. I noticed my color pencil drawings are becoming very detailed versus the watercolor I've done lately. I think it is the fact that the fine point of the pencil covers less surface area than a watercolor brush stroke. This makes me slow down, it makes me observe often in more detail and think about what areas need adjustments.  Although I have a fair selection of color pencils, I still blend or layer different colors, I still think like watercolor paint. Since I don't need to be in my studio to color drawing, I sit next to my husband in the coach and listen to him or the tv while I color the sketch. I enjoy the slow process, I enjoy it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment