Food recipes

Saturday, July 28, 2018

The sky above and the patterns below.

Color pencil, watercolor pencil, watercolor on Winsor and Newton watercolor paper 6" x 6"

This is a view from my house's backyard. It was sunset and the sky had such beautiful clouds, a blend of warm and cold colors, so I sketched it with watercolor paint. The sky you see in this sketch doesn't look like what I saw. It turned out so different that I gave up and left my sketchbook open on the table. This morning I grabbed it again, I realized that the three  big  watercolor washes in my 'aiming to nothing view' was really an invitation to add pattern, and boy did I have fun. The  tiles on the roof and the trees were made with color pencil, and the shade of the house wall was made with watercolor pencil. Not bad, I savaged (I think) this false start. I'm happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment