Food recipes

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Car Maintenance and some brush lettering.

Pencil and watercolor on Winsor & Newton Watercolor paper 8" x 6"
Since people is not allowed in the actual car maintenance area, safety policy for sure, I had to head to the offices to find a subject while my car was ready.  This man was making follow-up calls on clients. I added the newly learned brush lettering to my sketch for the first time. I think it looks good. It was inspired by Pat Southern Pearce's art. This brush lettering is a new thing for me. One of my friends invited me to attend a class, it wasn't even my idea! I think it adds something to sketches. When I saw how beautiful it can be, I mean compared to how careless I have written information on past sketches, I realized it may be something I could use. In this sketch I used (finally!) those Faber Castell Pitt artist pens we received at the USk Seminars in Chicago. The control of strokes is easier for beginners when using brush pens rather  than actual brushes. 

Here is the alphabet I traced with a Tombow brush pen versus the one I did with a watercolor brush.

Tombow dual brush pen
Watercolor brush and Finetec watercolor paint
 
I'll keep practicing with brush pens for now to get use to it before I attempt to switch to watercolor brush. But so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment