Food recipes

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Hair salon.

Pencil and Coliro Watercolor on Hahnemuhle Watercolor Book A5
Hair salons are one of those places where waiting is inevitable, therefore we found ourselves with precious time in our hands for us sketchers putting to good use. The details and textures of surfaces in this place have been always ignored by me the many times I've been here. I'll take you through some of the things I noticed: the width of the mirror's frame is uneven, like taken out of a Dali's painting or a Tim Burton's film, the leopard print of the window valances, the retro pattern of fabric in the barber's chair, also unnoticed until today. The quiet awareness of these things may look irrelevant, yet it makes me feel somehow good about myself for noticing things others may not. Perhaps sketching is also a mental exercise to practice consciousness which can also be extended to other aspects of life. Being quiet and observe, draw and reflect. It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment