Food recipes

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Repairing reading glasses

Pen&ink and watercolor on A6 cotton Hahnemühle sketchbook 


 After dropping the Christmas postcards that I sketched at the post office,


 I stopped at an optic store near by and asked if they repair glasses frames. I damaged the hinge of the only reading glasses I brought with me. A nice senior welcomed me in  the store and told me he could do it and asked me to return in an hour but I chose to stayed there. While I waited I sketched the place without my the reading glasses they were repairing and I needed to sketch, oh boy here it goes. The glasses were repaired in just 30 minutes for only 3 USD! I showed the inked sketch to the senior man, he was delighted. I was delighted also and told him about how nice it was of him taking the time to dress so nicely with suit and tie to work, I, as a costumer appreciate it. He humbly thanked me for the comment, there was pride on his face.

I left the store very happy with my repaired glasses, able to see world again and sketch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment