Food recipes

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Four Seasons Park

Four Seasons Park, Shorewood, IL. Graphite, watercolor and color pencil on A5 Hahnemuhle watercolor sketchbook


 For those who don’t know, the geography of Midwest of the United States is quite flat. So you can imagine how exciting it is to have an aerial view to sketch. This is the Four Seasons Park in my neighborhood. It’s Saturday and the weather is beautiful. I walked to the top of the mound to see the area, toddler soccer games were happening, kids yelling in the playground, teens swearing missed shots in the basketball courts and moms under the kiosk ready for picnics. The neighborhood is alive and thriving and from above, I can see the autumn colors are awake. I wish I could slide down the mound, but I’ll let the kids do that rolling themselves down the grass and sliding down when the snow comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment