Food recipes

Monday, June 21, 2021

Antique sewing machine toy.



Ink on HandBook watercolor sketchbook 8 in x 8 in

 This is a sewing machine toy c.1920. It belonged to the mother of one of my relatives. She kindly let me borrow it just because I liked it so much. It’s the size of my hand fully open, so cute. I thought it was going to be hard to draw but I used a wood stick which thick tip I shaped with a knife and used as dip pen, it’s impossible to get lost in details. By the way just for fun I collected the wood stick and geese’s feathers to make “natural” art tools I found in the sand of a beach. I tried to make quill pens, that’s harder than I thought, one out of four worked well, but days later the tip dried out (?) and now it doesn’t work very well, it’s like the tip’s shape changed. Anyway, it was fun to draw broad lines with the wood stick. Now that I sketched the toy, it can be returned to its owner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment