Food recipes

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

First garage sale and color pastels

Nupastel on drawing paper 11 in x 8 in

I had the opportunity to attend a pre sale garage of the family of one of my relatives. They are moving and they are about to sell some of their stuff. There were many beautiful and well preserved quality things. Among the items they had was this vintage of Nupastel in color, probably from the 50´s.

 Boy I had to try. I have used monochromatic pastels many years ago when I took drawing workshops with white, black and grey pastels. So this is no so new to me, the color is new to me. After looking quickly to some tutorials on YouTube, I found a pic of my husband in a picnic. This would be my first try. I didn’t use sanded paper because I have none, instead I used just regular drawing paper. Pastels are not my first choice to draw but I was happy to give it a second chance. 


Also I’m very happy with a couple of vintage dental boxes (from the 40’s I was told by the owner) for a very reasonable price. Each box had medium size flat drawers perfect to store art supplies. I semi-restored and removed the scratches and got rid of the dryness of the wood and they turned out even more beautiful, so I can displaying them as vintage objects worth seeing. So happy with my first ever garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment