Food recipes

Friday, April 17, 2020

Exercise. Pitt Oil Base Pencil

Oil Base Pencil and watercolor on A5 Hahnemuhle watercolor journal

Watching the news is another activity that keeps us entertained,  there are so many opinion shows on cable tv, one has to be very careful about distinguishing facts from opinions because this leads to confusion and disinformation in all media. There are a lot of shows making noise to get your attention, that’s how I see it. Well that’s another subject.

Any way, I grabbed my new Faber Castell Pitt Oil Base Pencil and did this drawing watching TV. I wanted to try it and see how it feels. There are different levels of hardness for these pencils, I couldn’t get the medium hardness anywhere in the US, so I got the soft. I found out that lines are darker that graphite, the  tip is very resistant to break when sharpen or when pressure is applied to make thicker lines, it is smudge proof and water resistant. All these features make this pencil a STAR among the tools I use. I really missed the organic lines a pencil makes, and this pencil solves the problems that discouraged me from using graphite pencil. 
Oil Base Pencil and watercolor on A5 Hahnemuhle watercolor journal 

Enthusiastic about the result of my first trial with this pencil, I did a second sketch of another activity that keeps me busy and just recently started, painting the miniature furniture I got in Mexico last winter. I didn’t start right away because I have limited colors of acrylic paint for crafts, I haven’t got more, it’s not a priority given the situation we are all in, it can wait. I have white paint though, so I started with the bathroom set. The pencil gives a perspective of the miniature furniture size. I’m very happy with my new acquisition.

Stay home, save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment