Food recipes

Monday, June 24, 2019

Concert at Cantigny


 Pencil, Pen & Ink and watercolor on Pentalic Aqua Journal 20" x 7"
Last Saturday we went to a Dupage Symphony Orchestra Concert at Cantigny in Wheaton. The rain caught us before the concert started and immediately our friends took their giant umbrellas out. I opened mine also but  it was small for my hubby and I,  so one of our friends offered us one of the big umbrellas, such a kind gesture. The rain didn't last long, but the giant trees we were under made the rain last a little longer. When the music started, so did I sketching. Some of my curious friends wanted to see the pencil line before I added color. I excused myself for the lack of likeness, I think although they are not sketchers they understood this is the sketch of a moment and is not perfect.  During the first half of the concert, funny thing is that I didn't listen to the music. My friends were moving shoulders and feet to the rhythm of the classical music and I realized I was missing it! It was darker at the intermission, I applied only one wash of watercolor but I couldn't continue so I closed my sketchbook. One of my friends was eager to see the final result. I promised I would share it once I finished it back at home where I inked over pencil lines and added dark washes. I enjoyed the second half, I joined the group and also move to the rhythm of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment